Bar Manager – Blizzard
We are searching for a committed, proactive Bar Manager who would enjoy work in our exciting, fast-paced Wood Fired Pizza restaurant and bar for the 2018/19 winter season. Blizard is located in a centrally in the main village of Happo-one Hakuba opposite the gondola. Hakuba is one of the most popular Japan ski destinations and Blizzard is in the centre of the action.
In order to succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Blizzard is open from 7am to 1am daily so your hours will vary, allowing you to explore Hakuba’s 9 ski resorts during your time off.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage the business aspects of the bar, inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
• Management and training of 30+ staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
• Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
• Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
• Planning and taking part in promotional events.
• Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
• Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
Bar Manager Requirements:
• Restaurant or management experience
• Strong understanding of business management.
• Excellent problem-solving, and customer service skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
• Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.