Website Active Life
Fancy yourself a whiz in the kitchen? We are after talented and passionate Sous Chefs and Kitchen Hands to work across several of our hotel restaurants and bars for breakfast, lunch, dinners and bar hours (shift work).
Desired skills & attributes:
– Proven kitchen experience
– Strong communication skills (English)
– Excellent time management and organisation skills
– Happy with some early starts and late nights
– Exceptional Food Safety & Hygiene standards
– Ability to work under pressure without compromising the quality of food delivery
– Open to different cuisines and learning new things quickly
– Attention to detail with the ability to multitask
– Happy to take direction and receive feedback
– Basic customer service skills and the ability to work as part of a team or solo
– Willing to help set-up and pack-down hotels at the start and end of the season
– Flexible, adaptable and open to cross-training across other functions and fill in other functions across the hotels as required
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen (or relevant experience)
– Eligible for the Japan Working Holiday Visa (if not a Japanese Citizen)
– Must be able to provide 2 relevant references
– Start early December 2019 to end of March 2020 (varies with positions) 6 week contract period.
– Working hours vary from depending on your position however generally, hours will range from approximately 20 – 40 hours per week, with plenty of time to ski and ride the beautiful, DEEP, FLUFFY MadaPOW!