Mountainwatch | Gear Guide
After a few recent hikes into the Kosciuszko backcountry we can say that Rip Curl’s F-Light Snow Backpack is perfect for a day-trip – light, durable and comfortable to wear with padded, breathable shoulder straps and a breathable back panel, sternum strap and removable waist strap.
Weighing only one kilo, the F-light snowpack has a volume of 32 litres, so plenty of storage and comes with a heap of features including a quick access compartment for probes and shovels, vertical and horizontal snowboard carry options, multiple ski carry positions, hydration system compatibility and a tricot lined goggle pocket.
There’s also an ice axe carry loop and loops for helmets and ski poles. The zippered back panel allows easy access to the main compartment which has plenty of storage for skins, extra gloves, mid-layers, snacks etc. It sits comfortably on your back when skinning uphill or if boot packing and is stable with no movement and does not feel bulky on the descent. It has all the essentials any serious skier/boarder needs and at $179.99 is great value for a tech backpack.
- – Height 530mm width 310mm depth 200mm
- – Volume 32L
- – Weight 1.0Kg
- – Water-resistant TPE coated polyester, 450d ripstop & 600d nailhead dobby polyester
- – Tough base protection
- – EVA moulded front panel protection
- – Polyester rip-stop
- – Tricot lined goggle pocket
- – Hydration system compatible
- – Horizontal & vertical board carry system
- – Chest compression strap with rescue whistle
- – Internal snow probe sleeve
- – Removable waist strap
- – Ice axe carry system
- – Ski poles carry loop
- – Media pocket
- – Multiple ski carry positions