Mountainwatch | Press Release
Thredbo, October 27:The Thredbo Gravity Series presented by Fox will return this summer with five rounds of high-energy racing across a range of gravity trails including a brand-new race course in the Cruiser MTB Area.
Kicking off with Ricochet Rumble on December 11, 2022, the Gravity Series features events that run all throughout the season before finishing with Chainless Champs as the final event on 24 April 2023.
In addition to everyone’s favourites, the Gravity Series schedule will feature a new addition this summer with the launch of the Cruiser Crusher event on March 19. Cruiser Crusher will be the first ever MTB race to be hosted in the new Cruiser MTB area, ensuring that every racer will be faced with some unknown challenges on the course this season.
Loved by amateurs and pros alike for being fun and inclusive with a healthy dose of competition, the Thredbo Gravity Series features a wide variety of categories that range from U13 through to Masters 50+.
MTB Business Manager, Tim Windshuttle said the series provides an awesome opportunity for MTB riders who are looking to enter the world of racing this summer.
“Not only is it a really fun environment for competitors who are new to racing but the competition always stays really heated among the pros. A new course is always a great way to shake things up too, so I can’t wait to watch everyone take on the challenge at Cruiser Crusher,” said Mr Windshuttle.
There is a stack of cash and prizes to be won at each event and overall thanks to our host of event partners. What’s more, the rider who stacks up the most points across all rounds will claim ultimate bragging rights with the title of Gravity Series Champion.
* 11 December | Gravity Series #1 – Osprey Ricochet Rumble: Turn up the speed dial and push the limits on Ricochet and Home Run.
* 18 March | Gravity Series #2 – Rockshox Pump Track Party: Momentum is key as racers generate as much speed as possible without pedaling.
* 19 March | Gravity Series #3: Crankbrothers Cruiser Crusher: Take on a brand-new course with a mix of high-speed straights and flowing berms.
* 2 April | Gravity Series #4: Oakley Supertrail Scramble: A mix of the best sections of both the Cannonball Downhill and Kosciuszko Flow, Supertrail Scramble is a longstanding crowd favourite.
* 24 April | Gravity Series #5: Boost Mobile Chainless Champs: All competitors must remove their chain before pumping and holding speed down a 400m vertical race course. Don’t forget your fancy dress costume!
Registrations for Thredbo Gravity Series are now open. Individual race entry costs $45 while all event entry costs $199.
MTB lift passes are sold separately. All competitors must have an AusCycling Race Membership or purchase an event license which is valid on the day of the event.
Head to thredbo.com.au to find out more and register now.