Mountainwatch | Press Release
Perisher, Friday, June 4: Vail Resorts announced today that Perisher is officially open early for skiing and snowboarding from 4 June for the 2021 snow season. Although the traditional opening for Perisher is from the June long weekend, winter’s early arrival with sub-zero temperatures throughout May have made it possible to welcome guests early this year.
“We are so pleased with the opportunity to open Perisher early for the 2021 snow season, especially given the late start last season,” said Pete Brulisauer, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Vail Resorts, Perisher and Australia. “For skiers and boarders who were unable to make it last year, there is tremendous enthusiasm to get back to the Snowy Mountains this winter, with Front Valley now open for skiing and boarding with the Village Eight Express.”
Booking for the 2021 Winter Season
For the best value, skiers and riders have less than two weeks to lock in their 2021 Epic Australia Pass, which will go off sale on 15 June.
Priced at AU$1049 for adults, AU$599 for students (up to year 12) and AU$819 for seniors (65+ years), the Epic Australia Pass pays for itself in just six days, with season-long skiing and boarding at your favourite Australian resorts, Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham. Additionally, Epic Australia Pass offers the best value for skiers and riders, with six Bring-a-Mate tickets and pass holder discounts available from early June.
2021 Epic Australia Pass holders can access runs from Perisher’s opening day, 4 June, through the 2021/22 snow season in the Northern Hemisphere.
The Epic Australia Pass also includes Epic Coverage for all pass holders, which provides refunds associated with certain resort closures, including those due to COVID-19, as well as personal events, including illness, job loss and injury.
New for the 2021 Snow Season
This season, Perisher is introducing two new additions for a more premium snow experience: the Leitwolf Grooming Machine and Snowmaking on the Chute ski run.
Adding to its grooming fleet for 2021, Perisher’s new Leitwolf – the first model of its kind in Australia – showcases the latest technology and creates a wider grooming pass leading to smoother groomed runs for our skiers and boarders to enjoy.
This summer also saw the completion of the installation of snowmaking on the Chute ski run in Perisher Valley. The Chute is a popular trail connecting the Village Eight Express chair on Front Valley to Pretty Valley Double & Interceptor Quad Chairs.
Events are back for the Long Weekend
To kick-off the June Long weekend, guests can look forward to:
- Night Skiing & Boarding plus Fireworks: On Saturday night, Front Valley will light up for a firework display from 7:20pm. Night skiing and Boarding will run from 6pm to 9pm.
- Family Fun: With Dan Druff the Clown, your little ones are welcome and perfectly catered for. Whether they’re experienced shredders or first timers about to jump on a beginner carpet, Perisher’s got you covered.
- Rail Rampage: Guests can join Perisher for a ski and snowboard park progression session to start the season off, show off to win prizes and plenty of encouragement from the Perisher team.
- The Perisher Snowsports School: Will offer lessons for those taking their first turns, or looking to sharpen their skills.
- Free Live entertainment: Circadian Rhythm playing will be playing at JAX Bar and Chargrill on Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon and from 6pm to 9pm on Saturday night with Smiggins Hotel featuring Hussy Hicks from 3pm daily plus DJ Freddie Fly Fingers on Saturday night from 9pm.
Perisher will continue to operate within relevant government regulations as and when they evolve relating to COVID-19 and resort operations. Cleaning and safety protocols will be in place to protect guests, communities, and employees consistent with public health requirements. Guests should expect to purchase products on-line and in advance, use QR check-in codes at indoor venues, and be strongly encouraged to wear face coverings, physically distance, and adopt good hygiene measures in the resorts.
The opening day for Mount Hotham and Falls Creek, is set for 12 June, subject to snow and weather conditions.
For more information for what’s on at Perisher this season, please visit the website for live updates:https://www.perisher.com.au/